BDS Suspension 6" Suspension Lift for the new 2014-18 Chevy/GMC 1500 4wd.
This new suspension system utilizes the tried and true high-clearance IFS suspension design that has made BDS the preferred suspension lift for the 1/2 ton GM trucks.
At the heart of the new lift are the ductile cast iron replacement steering knuckles and high-clearance, full width lower control arm crossmembers. These components establish a suspension geometry that not only performs well on and off road but is compliant with the factory traction control systems. The suspension also works seamlessly with the newly redesigned electric power steering system that is standard on the new 2014-17 models.2014
The front differential is relocated for proper angles at the CV axles and allowing for the use of the stock front driveshaft. A 3-piece differential drop system keeps the differential secure and the 3-piece front skid plate system keeps the underside protected on those offroad excursions.
Full replacement front struts provide the lift in the front. Replacement front tie rod ends and sway bar links round out the front system. In the back, a block and u-bolt setup levels the rear with the front.
For the ultimate performance package, the option for front Fox Coilovers with rear Fox 2.0 shocks is available.
- Tire & Wheel Combinations
- 33" x 12.50" w/17 x 8 and 4.5" back spacing
- 34" x 12.50" w/18 x 9 and 5" back spacing
- 35" x 12.50" w/20 x 9 and 5.75" back spacing
*Trimming may be required*
Important Kit Notes
*IMPORTANT*: GM is producing several knuckle/control arm configurations in 2014-2017 models trucks. Cast Steel control arm equipped models will require the "Cast Steel Control Arm" kit. Stamped Steel and Aluminum control arm equipped models will require the "Aluminum Control Arm" kit. Be sure to verify which factory control arms your truck has before ordering by referecing our help images when customizing your kit.
- 1. Strut compressor required
- 2. Requires frame bracket modification
- 3. Requires differential modification to clear electric power steering
- 4. Vehicles came from the factory with several knuckle/control arm configurations requiring specific kit selections. Be sure to reference the important notes and images above to determine the correct control arm selection for your application.
- 5. Will not fit MagneRide magnetic ride control equipped models
- 6. Factory 17" and 18" wheels cannot be reinstalled due to tie rod end interference
- 7. If choosing the 5" rear block option, optional add-a-leaf #111209 is recommended for a more level/tail high stance on crew cab models.
- 8. All wheel drive models require drive line modification.
- 9. IMPORTANT! When selecting BDS Upper Control Arms, they will only work on vehicles equipped with OE CAST STEEL CONTROL ARMS.